Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life or Death

I have blogged about the Jodi Arias Case i believe before and i believe i have stated my opinions before. Again, this is just MY opinion. 

  It is now the penalty phase . I have been watching since day 1. I have seen everything, that is allowed plus tons extra. I'm not a lawyer or a judge. Just an everyday person who has become consumed with this trial. I watch HLN all day and everyday. I get twitter updates and i read every one's opinion. 
My thought is this. I am not for or against the Death Penalty. I believe that if the law requires this as the punishment then that is the punishment. There is a process for a reason. This what i believe our Justice System is for.
Is it Right ? Not sure. Is it fair? Not sure.
I Myself have never been in that position nor do i ever want to be in that position. But i find myself wanting her to get the death penalty. Not because she is a Liar, not because she asked for it. But because the murder of Travis Alexander was so incredibly disturbing.  A murder. A senseless murder. A murder that never had to take  place. A murder that could of been avoided at all cost.
   
Take all the players out. Take all the family's out. Take all the emotion out. Just look at it that way , if you can for just a moment. Just for a minute. Ask yourself , does the person who did this deserve to Live ? Deserve to get the needle and not have to suffer. To be free sort of speak? Is the answer the same?   

Now let's put in all the players: not really in any order
  • the families, both victim and her family
  • the emotions, 
  • the media, 
  • the opinions of others,
  •  the facts.....etc
Is the answer the same. Can you sentence her to death? I still can. Why your asking yourself, well because she committed a crime that the punishment is either life or death.  

 Why give her life?  Why give her something she wants? Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment