Thursday, February 21, 2013

Memories

So last night my husband went to go stay with his grandma for the night. It was so cute. It got me thinking that I wish I had a grandma to go spend the night with. Both sets of grandparents have passed. But it got me thinking about all the times I did go stay with my grandparents.
My fathers parents I spent a lot of time with. I was always over there. It was fun to go pick strawberries with my grandpa and go "treasure hunting" garbage picking and finding neat stuff. Roller-skate around the complex etc. My grandma would take me to the store, teach me how to cook , and how to crochet. That was the first time I was introduced to the art of crocheting. I was probably 6 maybe. I could do a simple chain but that was about it. They moved to Ohio when I was 7 and I didn't really get to see them much after that. I went to Ohio in 1999 to visit them and I new that was probably the last time I would see them, and it was.
My mothers mom was the best. I loved being with her more than anything. She was my everything, my best friend. She would let me play with her hair and do her nails and her makeup when she would come to visit. We would play rummy all night and laugh. When she wasn't at our house I would travel to Arizona and visit her every chance I could. We would watch the price is right ( good ole bob barker) and have doughnuts dipped in coffee. I would play dress up with all her clothes and jewelry. She was the best. I miss her so much. I miss my grandma and grandpa Stojkovic too , but grandma Lou well she was perfect. To me anyway. I know that she wasn't perfect and as I got older and heard more stories I learned that she was depressed, and that she popped pills. I see were I got it from. I no longer pop pills but do suffer from depression, as does my mother.
So when my husband said oh I just won't go, I got mad at him. I told him I wished that I could go stay with my grandma and play cards again and talk all night. I would give anything to have my grandmother alive. We need to be grateful for the little things in life. For having people in our lives even if its just for a moment or for 15 years or for 100 years.

I hope you all take the time to call or visit someone special in your life for just a moment. Enjoy them, cherish them, and love them.
Have a happy Tuesday . Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment